Annual Gala 2021
September 28, 2021
Save the date so that you don’t miss out on an incredible evening with the Ninth Judicial Circuit Historical Society!
Our special keynote speaker for the evening will be Linda Greenhouse, Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter who covered the Supreme Court for nearly three decades for the New York Times.
This will be a hybrid event: join us at the historic California Club in Los Angeles, or virtually!
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
October 15, 2020
Join us for our FIRST EVER VIRTUAL Wine tasting Gala and Connoisseur Challenge!
This will be an incredible night of wine tasting, with wines so delicious you won’t want to miss it! We will have wines from different regions in the West specially delivered to your home ahead of time. At the event, you will uncork your selections and there will be wine tasting experts to guide you through the fabulous evening.
We will send you three fabulous wines that have earned International Wine Report ratings of 95 and 96! You will receive $270 worth of wine plus shipping (a $310 Value) for only $240. Want to join the fun, but don’t need the wine — friends of the NJCHS tickets are only $100.
Our private tasting rooms and wine selections are sold out but if you want to join the fun, and don’t need the wine — friends of the NJCHS tickets are only $100.NJCHS Gala 2020
Thursday October 15, 2020, starts at 5p.m. PDT
(6 p.m. MDT, 7 p.m. CDT, 8 p.m. EDT)
After a 30 minute Zoom Happy (half) Hour where you can enjoy some music and catch up with friends from around the Circuit, the Wine Tasting portion of the evening will begin! We will all join the live portion of the evening at 5:30pm Pacific. The event will last an hour and half.
How do I join the Zoom?
Check for an email from: Gala@Njchs.org with the log on details
Private Tasting Rooms
Law firms or groups can have their own “PRIVATE TASTING ZOOM ROOM” for up to 10 people for just $250 more – room sponsors just need to let us know which folks who also have purchased Gala tickets you want in your room with you!
What equipment will I need?
All you’ll need is a wine glass and corkscrew, a computer with a camera and microphone, and an Internet connection. We will handle the rest.
- 2015 Diamond Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon. This release continues a tradition of unparalleled quality from our estate vineyard located atop Diamond Mountain.
- 2017 “Contender”, a Syrah co-fermented with Marsanne from our “In The Rocks” vineyard in Milton-Freewater, Oregon.
- 2017 “In The Hills”, a Syrah co-fermented with Viognier from our “Foothills In The Sun” vineyard in Walla Walla, in the foothills of the Blue Mountains.
Platinum Sponsor | $5,000
- 5 wine tasting baskets and a private tasting room (an $1800 value), plus acknowledgment on the website and at the event as a Platinum sponsor (you may also invite additional guests who have purchased wine baskets separately to join you in your private room).
Gold Sponsor | $3,000
- 3 wine tasting baskets and a private tasting room (an $1180 value), plus acknowledgment on the website and at the event as a Gold sponsor (you may also invite additional guests who have purchased wine baskets separately to join you in your private room).*
Silver Sponsor | $1,500
- 2 wine tasting baskets and plus a 20% discount if you decide to add a private tasting room (a $250 value for only an additional $200!), plus acknowledgment on the website and at the event as a Silver sponsor (you may also invite additional guests who have purchased wine baskets separately to join you in your private room).*
- Wine Baskets | $240 each
- Private Wine Tasting Rooms | $250 per room
- For questions please email: Robyn Lipsky | email@example.com
- * If your room is not full, we may add additional guests for a more convivial experience.
Select your sponsorship level below
A Special Thanks
To Our Board Members Katie O’Sullivan and the Perkins Coie firm, and David Casey, Jr. and the CaseyGerry firm, and to Mike Reynvaan and Peter Thompson without whose tireless efforts and support this event would not be possible.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
October 3, 2019
Sign up now for the NJCHS Third Annual Gala on October 3, 2019. This year’s Gala will be held at the lovely and historic Rainier Club in Seattle!
We will celebrate our mission and the importance of an Independent Judiciary.While we dine, we will also hear from our renowned panel:
Hon. M. Margaret McKeown
Hon Robert Lasnik
Dahlia Lithwick (Slate)
Dean Mario Barnes (UW School of Law)
Lucy Dalglish (Dean U Md Philip Merrill College of Journalism)
who will talk about the complex relationship between the Courts and the Press.
HOSTED COCKTAIL RECEPTION begins at 5:00pm.
To reserve a space email:
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Judicial Dispute Resolution, LLC | Perkins Coie | Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati Foundation
Susman Godfrey | Pfau Cochran Vertetis Amala | Breneman Grube Orehoski, PLLC | Jones Legal Group, LLC
Davis Wright & Tremaine LLP | Microsoft | Robson Forensic | Stoel Rives | Yarmuth LLP
Federal Bar Association, Western District of Washington/ Federal Civil Rights Legal Clinic | Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt
COCKTAIL HOUR SPONSOR: DENTONS
FLOWER SPONSORS: CADES SCHUTTE; HUGHES HUBBARD & REED
DESSERT SPONSOR: LAW OFFICE OF MEL CRAWFORD
NJCHS Gala in San Francisco
October 17, 2018
Sign up now for the NJCHS Second Annual Gala on October 17, 2018. This year’s Gala will be held at the lovely and historic Green Room of the War Memorial Opera House in San Francisco.
We will celebrate our mission and also the importance of an Independent Judiciary.While we dine on the delicious fare of our wonderful caterers, we will also hear from renowned constitutional law scholar, Dean Erwin Chemerinsky. Dean Chemerinsky will talk about the impacts major personnel changes have on courts, looking at both the Supreme Court and more “locally” on the Ninth Circuit with the loss of Judges Noonan, Pregerson, and Reinhardt. It should be a very lively and interesting evening.
Cocktails begin at 5:30 and dinner starts at 6:30.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
SILVER — SOLD OUT!!
COCKTAIL HOUR SPONSORS
Los Angeles: September 26th, 2017
The NJCHS thanks those who came out to celebrate its mission and also heroes of the Japanese American Incarceration on its 75th Anniversary. We were honored to hear from Judges Tashima and Patel, as well as filmmaker Stacey Hayashi and actor, Chris Tashima and to see a sneak preview of their film “Go for Broke,” about the Japanese Americans who bravely served in the 100/442nd Infantry in WWII.See the film trailer!